The level of information gathered by Liberty Mutual varies depending upon your request. The gathering of this information is designed with you in mind so that we can better service the products we offer you. Here are some examples of the types of information the Liberty Mutual web site collects if you choose to provide it:
* "Contact Us" & Other Email Forms - Name & Email Address
* Request for Information Forms - Name & Mailing Address and/or Email Address
* Event Registration Forms - Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Company, Title & Phone Number
* Newsletter Subscriptions - Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Company, Title & Phone Number
* Resume Builder - Name, Address, Phone Number, Education, Certifications & Work Experience
* Auto Quoting Application - Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Household and Driver information, Date of Birth, Vehicle and Coverage information, Discount eligibility information, Consumer Reporting and Department of Motor Vehicle information
* Claims Service Online Reporting - Name, Address, Date of Birth, Policy Number, Phone, information about the claim or accident, information about the occupants of the other vehicle(s) (if applicable), the names of witnesses & other contact information
* Safety & Health Online Catalog Order Form - Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Company, Title, Phone Number
* Risk Strategies Library Registration - Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Company, Title, Phone Number
* Online Customer Service - Name, Address, Phone Number, Policy Number, nature of request.
* Liberty Mutual Rewards - Name, Mailing Address, Email Address, Gender, Customer Status.
* eBilling - Name, Address, Phone Number, Email address, Social Security Number, Banking information, Date of Birth, Credit Card number if provided.
Using Information Gathered
The information Liberty Mutual collects is used to provide policy quotes when requested, administer insurance policies, answer questions or concerns, register participants for Liberty Mutual sponsored events, Liberty Mutual Rewards and provide information requested in a timely manner. We also collect information from prospective employees who are interested in applying for a position with Liberty Mutual. You can correct/update information supplied to www.libertymutual.com by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using our website, Liberty Mutual is able to log general statistical information (from log files) such as: the domain name, IP address and browser type of our web site visitors. With the information gathered, we are better able to create a customized experience for your visit to our web site. The log file information does not contain personally identifiable information, such as name, address, phone, etc. and is used only in the aggregate.
What is a cookie? Cookies are sets of information that our web server assigns to you when you visit our web site. Cookies are used in a few areas of our site only for maintaining information between pages. They are not used for storing or tracking personal information from our customers. These cookies simply carry forward information that you submitted on one screen to the next screen, eliminating the need for redundant entry. These cookies do not gather any other personal information from you or your computer. You do have a choice whether or not to accept the cookie, however, if you reject the cookie or if cookies are disabled on your web browser, some parts of the web site will not be operable.
Non Liberty Mutual Web Sites
Sharing Information Gathered
The Liberty Mutual web site is designed to give our customers, prospective customers, and visitors a confidential means of gathering information about our Company, services and products and for doing business with us over the Internet. Our site will only collect information that you voluntarily provide in order for us to service your request. If you have provided personal information on our web site in order to obtain a policy quote, administer your insurance policies, ask us a question, or register for a Liberty Mutual sponsored event, we may need to share that information with authorized third parties, if necessary to service your request. We do not sell any customer information to mailing list companies or telemarketing companies.
Protecting Information Gathered and Security
Personal information you have provided is limited to employees and agents of Liberty Mutual who need to know that information in order to service your request. Liberty Mutual maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulations to guard your personal information. Liberty Mutual retains the information collected for as long as required or permitted by law or regulation.
Notification of Changes
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company
- Liberty Insurance Corporation
- LM Insurance Corporation
- The First Liberty Insurance Corporation
- Liberty Insurance Company of America
- Liberty Northwest Insurance Corporation
- Helmsman Management Services, Inc.
- Helmsman Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Weston Agency Services, Inc.
- Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston
- Liberty Life Securities LLC
- Liberty Lloyds of Texas Insurance
175 Berkeley Street
Boston, MA 02116